ROGOV, SERGEY MIKHAILOVICH
Born 1948 in Moscow.
Received the Candidate degree in historical sciences in 1977 and the Doctor degree in historical sciences in 1984 from the Institute of USA and Canada.
- Graduated from the Moscow State Institute for Foreign Affairs in 1971.
- Post graduate studies at the Institute of USA and Canada in 1972-1976.
- 1976-1982 - Junior Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow at the Department of foreign policy at the Institute of USA and Canada.
- 1982-1984 - Chief of a Section at the Department of military and political studies.
- 1984-1987 - Representative of the Institute of USA and Canada in the Soviet Embassy in the United States.
- 1987-1989 - Leading Research Fellow at the Institute of USA and Canada.
- 1989-1991 - Chief of the Department of the military and political studies at the Institute of USA and Canada.
- 1991-1995 - Deputy Director of the Institute of USA and Canada.
- Since 1995 - Director of the Institute of USA and Canada.
Author of 300 articles and 16 books, including "The Role of the National Security Advisor in the US Decision-Making Process"; "The Search for a Balance of Interests in the Soviet-American Relations"; "The USSR and the USA: problems of Mutual Security"; "The Evolving Military Doctrine of Russia"; "Russian Foreign Policy: Three Years of Trial and Error"; 'The Eurasian Strategy for Russia'; 'The Russian Financial Crash of 1998'; 'Nuclear Weapons in the Multipolar World'; 'The New Stage in Russian-American Relations', "Russia in the New International System".
- Member of the Economic Council under the Government of the Rusian Federation;
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Security Council of the Russian Federation;
- Member of the Advisory Council of the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation;
- Advisor to the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the States Duma of the Russian Federation;
- Chairman of the Advisory Board on Foreign Policy at the Council of the Russian Federation.
- Member of the Board of the Russian Foreign Policy Association.
- Member of the Board of the Russian UNA
- Member of the Russian Academy of the Natural Sciences.
- President of the Center for National Security and International Relations, a non-governmental public research organization.
- Member of the editorial board of the magazine "USA and Canada: Economy, Policy, Culture"